Why Choose Us?
Being independent does not require being alone.
At A Helping Hand of Central Wisconsin, we strive to improve the lives of our clients and their families. Each of our compassionate caregivers provides one on one service that helps our clients remain happy and independent while providing much-needed support for the entire family. A Helping Hand of Central Wisconsin has built a reliable reputation for having the best caregivers available. We hire only those individuals who show the spirit and goodwill that is essential to successfully help our clients. We would not send someone to your home that we would not send to our own home to care for a loved one.
We understand how overwhelming and stressful finding care for your loved one can become. We pride ourselves on providing qualified, reliable and loving caregivers to keep your loved one at home with dignity, independence and security. When making the choice to utilize a caregiver, we want to make the transition into care as easy and stress free as possible! Let A Helping Hand of Central Wisconsin help you reach a feasible working solution customized exclusively for your family’s needs. We are here to listen to you and partake in activities that will enhance the quality of life for you and your family. Give us the chance to change a life today!
Independent Workers versus Agency Contractors versus Agency Employees
At first thought, it may seem like you can save some money by hiring a caregiver directly, but you would have to take great caution. Be aware of the responsibilities and potential risks that you must take upon yourself. Here are just a few things you need to consider:
- Do you have the capabilities to do a thorough background check and criminal screening on the candidate? What about initial hire and ongoing drug testing?
- Are you prepared to handle the income tax filing that is necessary when you employ someone in your home?
- Is there a backup plan if your caregiver gets sick or just doesn't show up?
- Are you ready to repeat the hiring process if your caregiver and your loved one have a clash of personalities?
- Are you properly insured to cover accidental injury to a caregiver?
- Is your caregiver bonded to protect you from theft or damages?